Posted on April 17, 2018
It really has been only just about sixty years or so that bagged and canned processed dog and cat food has been such a popular market item. Prior to that, people generally fed their beloved pets their own prepared blends that were concocted in the kitchens of their homes. When was the last time that you prepared a good “home cooked” meal for your beloved pet?
Dogs Hate Boring Food
Have you ever taken a little taste of the dried kibble that you may be feeding your dog on a daily basis? Probably not and the fact is that it is perfectly safe to do so. However; you know perfectly well what your pet has known even longer and that is that it your dogs kibble is bland and boring tasting. This is why every time that you prepare a nice meal for yourself or your family, your dog seems to take a particular interest in the food that you are preparing.
Pet Food Business’s Now Offer More
Maybe its time that you checked out the new trend in the dog food business that has appeared as a result of dog and cat owners everywhere waking up to the fact that their pets have taste buds too. New better tasting dog foods, as well as a broader range of newer delicious snacks are now being snatched off the shelves by pet owners who realty care about what their four legged friends think of them.
Pets Need Snacks Too
Progressive proprietors of these new pet food businesses are finding that dogs and cats actually have a more eclectic taste for pet food and snacks then people previously thought. Did you know that your dog may love peanut butter-carrot snacks and that a snack such as this is loaded with vitamins and minerals that can help to extend the life of your faithful friend? Maybe now is the time that you give back some of the love that your dog or cat has been sending your way by ordering some of these new tastier and more healthy pet snacks that can be easily found online.
Posted on April 2, 2018
Many dog owners are now discovering the many benefits of weaning their pets from dry dog food dependency. Although many of these food items are formulated to suit the nutritional needs of our canine companions, many pets eventually end up with one or more medical conditions like obesity, diabetes and even bloat. At the same time, these dry dog food products can become increasingly expensive. If the dog owner continues with this kind of pet feeding, the monthly bills for dog food alone can be staggering. Or, if the dog owner chooses to buy more affordable but less nutritious dog food items, their pets’ health could be compromised.
This is why the organic dog food business is booming these days. In order to launch your own pet food business, here are a few things you should do.
1. Go gourmet as opposed to ordinary organic food fare. If you are a small time organic dog food business owner, you will likely have more success as a gourmet canine food manufacturer. There are already a lot of organic pet food businesses out there, which means that you have a lot of competition to deal with. But gourmet products are more profitable, and because these are considered as luxury items, you can sell at higher prices to a limited group of clienteles.
Just make sure that your gourmet dog food products are unique and distinctive. Use as many organic ingredients as you can.
2. Choose organic packaging as well. Here is one trade secret: many dog owners might be enticed to try your products more if the packaging is eye-catching. If you have enough funds, try to create custom made containers that are both serviceable and environment-friendly. Using recycled materials will help cement your reputation as an organic food manufacturer.
3. Make sure that you make arrangements with courier service. If you are operating your business online, you would rely on heavily on the courier service. Make sure that you make arrangements with them on how you want your products picked up from your place (which is great if you are sending out products by the bulk) and how you want these shipped (next-door-delivery, unmarked boxes, special lining, etc.)
Posted on March 16, 2018
The pet food business is booming. There is simply no denying that. The growing number of pet owners can attest to the fact. But you just have to love the stats that show that these pet owners now spend more than $40 billion (yes, with a “b”) on pet food and treats on an annual scale. It is quite natural therefore that many enterprising individuals want a share of this profitable pie. You can too especially if you have an interest in creating pet food or in pets in general.
Many entrepreneurs of the pet food business are starting small — really small, in fact that some are operating right out of their kitchens. And because it helps keep expenditures small, a great number of these entrepreneurs are selling their products online. So with the numerous competitions out there, how can you get your share of that pie? Here are a couple tricks of the trade that you might want to try.
1. Specialize. Specialization is very common these days, not to mention extremely profitable. If you want to produce generic products, you can do so which can earn you a huge market base with rather limited profits. On the other hand, specialized products have smaller market bases; but because these pet food and treats cater to a specific niche of the market, rates can be increased dramatically. This means that you get to have larger profits even with a limited number of clientele.
So if you want a quick return of investment, you might want to try creating specialized recipes for pet food and treats. For example: treats for toy dog breeds, organic treats for pets on a vegetarian diet, or gourmet food and meals for pampered cats / dogs.
2. Establish a working payment system. Nothing defeats the profit generating purpose of your pet food business than consumers deprived of the ability to order or pay for your products. Before you try to market your business or create large batches of pet food and treats, you should make sure that your payment system is operable. Work out the kinks and make sure that you have several payment options in case the others are not suitable to some of your potential clients.
3. Establish a working website. Naturally enough, if you are selling online, you need a website. This is where your costumers should contact you and learn more about your products. You do not need to have a snazzy website with all the trimmings. A serviceable one with working links and a great page for ordering and payment options would work wonders already.