Posted on April 2, 2018
Many dog owners are now discovering the many benefits of weaning their pets from dry dog food dependency. Although many of these food items are formulated to suit the nutritional needs of our canine companions, many pets eventually end up with one or more medical conditions like obesity, diabetes and even bloat. At the same time, these dry dog food products can become increasingly expensive. If the dog owner continues with this kind of pet feeding, the monthly bills for dog food alone can be staggering. Or, if the dog owner chooses to buy more affordable but less nutritious dog food items, their pets’ health could be compromised.
This is why the organic dog food business is booming these days. In order to launch your own pet food business, here are a few things you should do.
1. Go gourmet as opposed to ordinary organic food fare. If you are a small time organic dog food business owner, you will likely have more success as a gourmet canine food manufacturer. There are already a lot of organic pet food businesses out there, which means that you have a lot of competition to deal with. But gourmet products are more profitable, and because these are considered as luxury items, you can sell at higher prices to a limited group of clienteles.
Just make sure that your gourmet dog food products are unique and distinctive. Use as many organic ingredients as you can.
2. Choose organic packaging as well. Here is one trade secret: many dog owners might be enticed to try your products more if the packaging is eye-catching. If you have enough funds, try to create custom made containers that are both serviceable and environment-friendly. Using recycled materials will help cement your reputation as an organic food manufacturer.
3. Make sure that you make arrangements with courier service. If you are operating your business online, you would rely on heavily on the courier service. Make sure that you make arrangements with them on how you want your products picked up from your place (which is great if you are sending out products by the bulk) and how you want these shipped (next-door-delivery, unmarked boxes, special lining, etc.)
Posted on March 16, 2018
The pet food business is booming. There is simply no denying that. The growing number of pet owners can attest to the fact. But you just have to love the stats that show that these pet owners now spend more than $40 billion (yes, with a “b”) on pet food and treats on an annual scale. It is quite natural therefore that many enterprising individuals want a share of this profitable pie. You can too especially if you have an interest in creating pet food or in pets in general.
Many entrepreneurs of the pet food business are starting small — really small, in fact that some are operating right out of their kitchens. And because it helps keep expenditures small, a great number of these entrepreneurs are selling their products online. So with the numerous competitions out there, how can you get your share of that pie? Here are a couple tricks of the trade that you might want to try.
1. Specialize. Specialization is very common these days, not to mention extremely profitable. If you want to produce generic products, you can do so which can earn you a huge market base with rather limited profits. On the other hand, specialized products have smaller market bases; but because these pet food and treats cater to a specific niche of the market, rates can be increased dramatically. This means that you get to have larger profits even with a limited number of clientele.
So if you want a quick return of investment, you might want to try creating specialized recipes for pet food and treats. For example: treats for toy dog breeds, organic treats for pets on a vegetarian diet, or gourmet food and meals for pampered cats / dogs.
2. Establish a working payment system. Nothing defeats the profit generating purpose of your pet food business than consumers deprived of the ability to order or pay for your products. Before you try to market your business or create large batches of pet food and treats, you should make sure that your payment system is operable. Work out the kinks and make sure that you have several payment options in case the others are not suitable to some of your potential clients.
3. Establish a working website. Naturally enough, if you are selling online, you need a website. This is where your costumers should contact you and learn more about your products. You do not need to have a snazzy website with all the trimmings. A serviceable one with working links and a great page for ordering and payment options would work wonders already.
Posted on February 21, 2018
Food consultants, food scientists and food technologists are facing huge demands from the growing food industries that have to cope with pressures of bringing out new food products in a more seasoned style meeting the best needs of consumers of the food industry. Consumers have various tastes and eating styles that should be nurtured and dealt with meticulously. The food product design structure undergoes immense changes according to the taste of the product developers and food processors in order to serve a wider public with the best taste in a variety of food.
Students and academicians in the food product design perspective have many books authored by leading writers in the food industry, to read and understand the latest trends in the food industry which would enable them to become good food consultants and solve many R&D strategies and find methods to optimize and accelerate new product developments from time to time. These books are available as eBooks which could be easily acquired online or if preferred they can also be bought as hard copies from leading bookstores.
A food product design book should provide ideas and describe the important approaches and the tools that food developers and designers should use to make the recipe faster, tastier and much cheaper. It should create high end ideas and systems to be adopted by food consultants and designers in creating new products. It should also provide the best ideas based on efficiency, quality and speed in making new products get recognition among customers.
The most important point for food product design workers to consider is the shelf stability of a particular recipe. They are meant to create items, taste them for quality and then wrap samples and keep it for different lengths of time to check its shelf life. The flavor should remain the same even as it ages, this is important.
The costs of ingredients that go into a special recipe are then calculated and the whole sale and retail price of a specific food product design that is to be made available in the market should be decided upon. A good food consultant would make the right analysis in this respect.
Packaging and labeling are also part of the responsibility when doing a food product design job. Packets meant for respective food products should be designed with great care and concern using the best equipment and technology. This is what would attract the attention of consumers at large. The labeling should have attractive and catchy information which include guidelines and the ingredients that are used in the product.
With these requirements in mind food consultants should achieve their targets in satisfying their clients who are in the competitive food industry. Food is not just eating; it has to undergo a lot of processes before it is served by the waiter to the customers or before it is placed on the shelf for sale in any food store. The various food items packed in attractive packets using the best food product design skills are what consumers look for while shopping for food.